Friday, November 6, 2015

Number Two

A more knowledgeable nurse helped me latch her today. Is it supposed to hurt this much though?

A lactationist came to teach me how to latch properly and how to feed her. So many things to remember. Bring baby to breast, not the other way around. Sit up straight and comfortable. Wake the baby up if she sleeps by playing with her ear. Don't let her comfort feed. Only feed her every 3 hours.

The baby keeps falling asleep at my breast. And it still hurts. I think I've got the latch right.

Friends and family have been visiting the whole day. I keep a smile plastered to my face but I'm crying inside. Please, take her away. I'm sorry, I'm not ready. Just take her back. Please.

Why does she keep falling asleep at my breast? She's been suckling for 45 minutes now and I want to scream it hurts so much.

What did I get myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment